Peanut Butter Chip Cookies using Marilyn's GFG Cassava Flour Mix
• 1 1/2 cups Premium Cassava Flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
• 1 teaspoon xanthun gum
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 /2 cup unsalted butter
• 1 /2 cup shortening (we like Spectrum)
• 1 1/3 cups smooth peanut butter (room temperature)
• 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon GF vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
*extra sugar for dipping dough balls before baking approx. 1/8 cup
* use ungreased cookie sheets
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat well–until smooth. Next add the eggs and vanilla extract. Now add the flour mixture in in three parts while beating thoroughly. Stir in the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
Place sprinkling sugar on a plate. Drop by rounded teaspoons into the sugar, then onto ungreased cookie sheets, about 3” apart leaving room for expansion. Using a flat small offset or regular spatula, slightly flatten dough ball—do not overly flatten cookies.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over bake! Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not.
Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then move to a wire rack. Store in airtight container.